Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Favorites

Chip Skip by O.P.I.

I never used to paint my nails because the next day the polish would be half off. The polish would NEVER stick for longer than a day or two. I once asked a manicurist why this was, and she said that I had "oily nailbeds". I found this product and decided to give it a try. You apply it to clean, dry nails. The first time I tried it, it helped keep the chips away for about 2 or 3 days. I then discovered the trick to applying it. The trick is to apply it to the edge of your nails and the underside. After this application, the nail polish has been on for over 6 days and it is just starting to show a little wear on the tips.
Insta-Dri by Sally Hansen
This is another must have if you are polishing your nails. Who has an hour to sit perfectly still and not touch anything. I can't do it, I always end up ruining my nail polish. I now apply this to my nails and only have to be careful for about 20 minutes. It has worked wonders. I also notice that it has an anti chip aspect as well. So maybe these two products work together to keep my nails looking great for longer than a day!

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

I have to try these products. The best thing I have used so far is a top coat from the nail salon...the top coat THEY use. SO much better than what is available in stores. But I trust O.P.I. and will give it a shot.

Thanks, Janie

xoxo
Jane