Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Had To Buy New Tires

Ugh! I had to buy new tires for my car today.
I hate buying new tires.
I don't feel like I'm getting anything for my money, even though I know I am.
I'm safer and the ride is smoother.
I'm not complaining, ok, I'm complaining a little bit.
When I think what I could have done with that money...
1. Bought a plane ticket to Paris or London or Prague or Vienna, etc. you get the idea.
2. Bought a new piece of furniture; a headboard, a sideboard a mirrored dresser!
3.Taken my family to San Francisco for 4 days and seen the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Cable Cars, shopping and dinner out.
4. Bought a new wardrobe.
5. Bought books for my two college students...okay that's just as bad as buying tires!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I make Hubby do it.

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Hello gorgeous Janie! Thank you so much for your recent comment on my blog! I'll post again soon. You always make my day!
Oh, and I can't stand buying tires, either! I know exactly what you mean!
And about Black Swan...maybe I should just wait to rent it--it sounds interesting but also disturbing!
I hope that you have a super blessed New Year/hugs,
Lana

Rae said...

Ugh, I can totally empathize. I HATE spending money on cars. That's why when people ask me if I miss having a car I don't hesitate at all when I say NO! Seriously, I cannot stand the maintenance, the surprises, the fluctuating price of gas, etc etc etc. For some reason the high cost of rent in NY is so much easier for me to swallow because it's due the same day every month, and it's always the same amount.
I absolutely do not miss having a car at all. And if I ever want to drive somewhere? Zipcar! I don't even have to pay for the gas or insurance. :)
It will be VERY hard for me to move somewhere one day that requires me to have a car. I just don't wanna!!

Stelle said...

I get what you feel, Janie. Buying new car tires might not be financially appealing for you, but it pays a lot to replace them in the long run. Or you could just ask your hubby to do it for you.

-Stelle Courney