Here is her team painstakingly painting the fabric pattern to be used on the dress below.
Which is taken from the painting below.

"Elenora di Toledo with Her Son Giovanni "
(ca. 1545) by Agnolo Bronzino, Galleria degli Uffizi, Florance

Here are a couple more dresses to interest you.

Elizabeth I court dress (above), 2001, inspired by a ca. 1599 portrait by
the studio of Nicholas Hilliard at Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire.
(Photo: Andreas von Einsiedel)

The attention to detail is meticulous.


So, I'm planning a day trip to San Francisco to see this exhibit. Seriously!

5 comments:
Very interesting!
I'd plan a trip to the exhibit as well if I were closer to the place.
Really neat what they are creating.
d
Wow! Those gowns are gorgeous, must really be very interesting to see in person...Christine
Very Very cool. My roommate makes flowers out of kleenex that are amazing. Also, on Project Runway and The Fashion Show, they have had some Paper outfit challenges that yielded great results. None of those were painted so pretty though. I'm a paper/textiles nut also.
Janie, I suggest you run to the Legion of Honor. Don't walk but RUN!!!!!I went to see it last Friday, March 11 and after that, I went to my garage and got my sewing machine and made paper jewelry. I am painting and creating things that I never knew I could do. I sew scrap paper (brochures) that I cut up and paint them with gold leaf.
This is fascinating....definately think a day trip to see it is warranted.
Barb
Post a Comment