Happy New Year to you! I hope you have a very prosperous and healthy 2010. I usually don't burden myself with goals or new resolutions, but this year, I have a couple of things I would like to accomplish. I've been going to the gym every weekday since August and although I have firmed up, I haven't lost any weight. I am going to focus in on the diet and try to lose 20 lbs. Yikes! I can't believe I said that outloud, let alone typed it for all of you to see and gulp, hold me accountable! I'd like to fit nicely into a beautiful dress from Anthropologie and walk the streets of Paris. Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I daydream about. (If I dreamed about running marathons, I would probably have a better chance at reaching my goal.)
I'm going to try to not spend so much money. Ouch! That one hurt, don't let the Handsome Husband hear that. Is that called saving? I'm not sure. I spend too much money on the little things. I'm cutting out all those little things that cost $2-10 and when I go to check out, I've spent $200! (This also means cutting back on the tablescapes. I'm actually going to try to buy some real china. I think these two thoughts just negated each other. The money I save on the little things will help me buy the big things!)
I'm going to try to make more handmade items that are more personal. (Relax girls, like tags and stuff, not the presents! ).
I'm going to try to have a date night with the Handsome Husband once or twice a month.
I wonder if I'm sabotaging myself, because looking at everything I've said, it all says, "I'm going to try" not I am going to. Who's taking bets on my success?

3 comments:
Being a street walker in Paris is a great goal Janie. LOL!
Exactly what I was going to say....walking the streets of Paris in Anthropologie dresses ... perfect goal!!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Its been so great getting to know you and your beautiful family Janie! Keep blogging!
I'm having a New Year Give away, stop by if you get a chance!
~Here's to a wonderful New Year~
~Really Rainey~
Post a Comment