On Saturday night our family headed out to the Grand Central Park to watch Cirque du Soleil perform Kooza. Santa brought everyone tickets, so it was a great family affair. Expensive, but worth every penny and you definitely have to see a Cirque du Soleil show once in your life. We didn't see alot of little kids, it was more a grown up affair and everyone was dressed up for a change.
This was considered by all of us to be the show-stopper. Just watching these guys made your palms sweat. They really did some amazing stuff. They ran on the inside of the circles, performing jumps and such, but more heart stopping was what they did while running on the OUTSIDE of the circles. The Handsome Husband was really impressed and loved every minute of this show. 
These guys were our next favorite. They were truly amazing. Such balance!
These two did more on a unicycle than most people can do standing still. They were incredible. He tossed her in the air, spun her around his shoulders multiple times and they both rode the unicycle as one.
This girl was also amazing. She let go of that swing and did flips, hung by her legs and flipped herself up into the sitting position and so much more. It was an all around entertaining and good clean fun show. There wasn't a bad seat in the house because it was a small intimate theatre and they seemed to play to all sides of the stage. Facing the front is always best though. Be aware that if you sit in the front row or along the aisles you are going to be used as part of their gags. All in good fun though and no harm done.
2 comments:
I love the photos. Looks like a fun show. I always sit on the edge of my seat watching those shows as I get so excited and nervous for the performers at the same time:) I often have to wonder where in the world did they learn these tricks? I wonder if their Mothers told them to sit still as a child:)
Joyce
This looks like it was so much fun to watch, Janie. I watched the Cirque du Soleil perform the "Beatles" and enjoyed it too....Christine
Post a Comment