Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Annual Halloween Opening At Roger's Gardens

My friend Cynthia and I headed over to Roger's Gardens, invitation only, Halloween opening night. The theme was Fun and Gaems Toy Factory. All pictures were taken by Cynthia. I usually just follow her around and take pictures of whatever she takes pictures of, but today I just decided to use hers and give her the credit due. The toy factory is like It's a Small World in Disneyland only black and sinister.
These sculptures were fun. The place was way too crowded to really enjoy what you were seeing. I couldn't even shop because people were bumping and pushing you. Why do people insist on bringing strollers and small children to these kinds of events? The space is so tight. Worth the price of a baby sitter or taking turns waiting outside while spouse/friend is inside.

The ceiling had these big gears filled with spider webs and spiders and rats. Very effective
These carved wooden statues were great.
This mass of dolls are painted black were really creepy.
Very cute, vintage Kewpie Doll.
You can't tell by the picture, but this coocoo clock is about 3 feet tall.
I loved the glittery spider web over the mirror.
And finally the jeweled pumpkin. Easy do it yourself project. There were many other cute little things, but no room to photograph and enjoy them.

3 comments:

Julio Muao said...

(Note to self: Incorporate a glittery spiderweb in this year's decor..fabulous idea) This is my first Halloween inspiration for this year! What a great event/store Janie. Thank you for giving us a peek inside. Last week I started brainstorming on costumes for myself and both Dans. I just have to convince Papa Dan to cooperate. I hope you and the family are all doing well.

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness! I love it! ALL of it... Halloween is my favorite holiday... I decorate more for Halloween than I do for Christmas! The clock is a crack up with the little skeleton bird! And yeah the bedazzled spiderweb and pumpkin!
I have already started with my Halloween projects and have picked out the decor change for my blog! Can't wait!
Oh by the way... a long time ago you suggested to me to look for vanilla paste and I looked for it and finally found it and used it in some homemade ice cream! LOVED it! Thank you so much for the suggestion my friend!
Take care

Rainey

xinex said...

Nice to see you, Janie, haven't seen you for a while. What a fun place to see! I like the Kewpie doll. And you are right, some of those are creepy...Christine