Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Beginning to plan this years vacation



The time has come to begin planning our summer vacation. I think we will be going to Munich, Bavaria, Germany, Salzburg, Austria and Switzerland. We will be going with the Handsome Husband's brother Lance, his wife Cindy and their daughter Emma. Cindy's mother, Alma, came to the U.S from Bavaria when she was 16. We are just beginning to plan and might try to throw in some London if possible. Above is Neuschwanstein Castle, a day trip from Munich.
Munich skyline
Austria
Salzburg, Austria
Interlaken, Switzerland

Zurich, Switzerland

10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

The planning can be almost as fun as the trip. Almost.

I am so jealous!!

xoxo
Janie

Marigene said...

I am green with envy!

Jen and Bern said...

Oh YOU! I'm jealous jealous jealous. Can't wait to follow this journey. Love the castle!!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Hmm I think you are beginning to become travel-addicted. Those castles look great. Bavarian beer is awesome and your route is perfect I guess. I think I will visit Scotland. Enjoy your summer trip and happy new year!

Katy said...

Sounds like a splendid itinerary! What lovely images you've posted! Would love this sort of jouney... but the Mr. is addicted to diving and island vacations!! Have fun planning!!

Cyn said...

Say guten tag to Fraulein Maria...the hills are alive, with the sound of muuusic...doe a deer, a female deer...lol

Julio Muao said...

What a fabulous itinerary Janie! I am so excited for you. Going with a group of family/friends always makes(at least with my family)a trip more memorable. I cannot wait to read about this trip.

Phivos Nicolaides said...

As one Greek,great poet said: The journey matters, not the destination... But, think of CYPRUS Janie as a good destination though...

xinex said...

What beautiful places to visit. I am sure you will have so much fun...Christine

Rae said...

Great idea! My family took a trip to Europe in '00 that included Italy, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. You will love it! I remember going to Neuschwanstein, so pretty!