I'd like to share with you today some "vase jewelry" I made last year for some little vases I was giving away at a dinner party. I put one at each woman's place setting. Each vase necklace had a charm and then beaded tendrils with the couple's initials at the end. They remind me of a charm bracelet.
For the above vase, I used an old Brighton key chain charm that broke. The initials are from my scrapbook supplies. They were fun and easy to make.
I got these little vases from Joann's, they cost about $2.50 - $3.00, I can't remember exactly. They are perfect for a small $5.00 bouquet from Trader Joe's.
I then got the chain and cut it to a length that wrapped around the vase twice. I beaded my little tendrils and added them to the chain with jump rings. I then found my focus piece, in this case an old felt heart, and clumped them all together. I wrapped them around the vase and secured. Because these chains have that snap lock, it is easy to remove for cleaning.





1 comment:
what a cute idea! happy valentines day to you and your sweetie~
Post a Comment