Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Whole New Batch of Art

Whenever we go on vacation, Bob is our photographer. He has to lug the camera around and it gets in the way and it is annoying, but the end result is beautiful pictures.  He likes to take scenic pictures, where I like to have a picture with someone I love in it, so he takes both.  When we were on our cruise in the Mediterranean, he took pictures of old doors (along with many, many other things, we had over 1000 pictures from that trip).  We had the doors blown up, framed, and mounted on the wall. We grouped all them together like a sort of collage.  "We have a whole new batch of art" to quote Bob.  I think they really capture the flavor and atmosphere of their countries. Unfortunately, we could not blow up all of them because they loose part of the picture when they change size.  So we ended up with 6 that kept the original picture that was taken.

Pisa, Italy.  One of my favorites.
Florence, Italy.  My other favorite, this one could not be enlarged.
Italy
Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul, Turkey.  This is a hookah bar.
Rhodes, Greece.  This little store was built into the castle wall.  It was built by the Crusaders.
Rhodes, Greece
Italy
Italy
Sorrento, Italy

1 comment:

Cyn said...

I love the doors. Great Job Bob!