Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Window boxes of Charleston

Please join our hostess at A Southern Daydreamer for more beautiful outdoor spaces.
As we were riding our beach cruisers around Charleston, I saw all these beautiful window boxes. Each one different. Each one a masterpiece of color, texture and intricacy.
Some plants we knew right away, some not at all, and some we debated the name.
Some were the windows only decoration. Others were paired with shutters or wrought iron.
Many different styles blended to form the most amazing display, complimenting each house.
I loved the ones that dripped with ivy.
This is one of my favorites. It has it all. Shutters, wrought iron, texture, and color!
This one was right outside our hotel in Charleston, The Vendue Inn. They were lined up down the block. They were a beautiful sight.

29 comments:

Kathy said...

Gosh these are all beautiful, Charleston is really a place I would love to see, happy outdoor Wednesday, Kathy.

Unknown said...

WoW Janie, those are fantastic, and really beautiful... So are your photos! Hope your week is going well...
~Really Rainey~

Mary Bergfeld said...

I am a fool when it comes to window boxes. I absolutely love them. Thank you for your wonderful photos. Have a great day.

Natalie Meester said...

I love love love window boxes and these are gorgeous!

Thanks for such a great post.

the wild raspberry said...

they are so lovely...i love plants that flow and fall all around~so romantic!
chasity
ps your header is breathtaking!!

Southern Lady said...

Janie, I loved seeing those beautiful window boxes. Your photos are truly outstanding, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your blog.

Sincerely,

Janie

Shellbelle said...

Inspiring, I don't have window boxes, but I need to get some pots planted! I also love the ivy dripping from them.

Domestic Designer said...

They are all just beautiful! I just love window boxes. Glad you had a good trip!

Jen and Bern said...

Love your blog... fabulous shots.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Charlston!!! The windows and window boxes dripping with georgeous flowers are splendid. Thanks for transporting me there for a few minutes, xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Brenda Pruitt said...

Why Janie, I love this theme! Window boxes. Some of the prettiest creations. And some folks have only that one way to garden, if they live in an apartment or condo. I love them!
Brenda

Ebie said...

Love all the different windows, and you took time to take a lot! Very impressive! There are also nice beaches in OC. We love Newport Beach to buy crabs. Have a nice week!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I feel like I need to have some window boxes built immediately! Great photos!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I saw caladiums. I would not have thought of using caladiums in a windowbox. Now I will! Thanks for sharing.

SouthernGal said...

Beautiful window boxes and great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

ellen b. said...

Oh these window boxes are so great! Love it. I need to visit the south sometime...

Lynn said...

Simply beautiful! Charleston is one of my favorite cities in the world. And I've been to a lot of cities!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Those window boxes are really divine and so is that cheeseburger smiling at me below ;)

Your blog is so pretty!

Kristine

Melissa Marie said...

Oh I love window boxes... these are absolutely delightful! Beautiful pictures!

Beth at Aunties said...

I adore Window Boxes! These were superb. The south is so fun to visit. Thanks for sharing:)

Carolyn said...

I loved seeing all the pretty window boxes in Charleston-I would love to go back there.
Carolyn

Skoots1moM said...

love charleston...
have been there many times
i like to take pics of ironwork in Savannah...
thanks for coming by

Kammy said...

Hi Janie !
I love those window boxes....makes me want one !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Sofia Striffler said...

Love all the window boxes. Especially the ones that have the shutters. My daughter loves Charleston. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Janie!
Thanks for stopping by Country Wings in Phoenix. I love Charelston, I was born there. It is one of the most beautiful places there is to see. The window boxes were breath taking, I felt like I walked right up to them in your photos. Thank you so much for sharing, and for stopping by to say hi. I hope you will stop by again soon. "Country Hugs", Sherry

Kat said...

Oh my goodness, these are just gorgeous. Charleston (and Savannah) are two of the places on my must visit list! Thanks for sharing these. Kathy

stefanie said...

beautiful photos, happy outdoor wednsday

Michelle said...

I've never been to charleston or savanah, but you sure are inspiring me to go...love the window boxes.

~~Rhonda said...

Beautiful window boxes! Each one has its own personality. ~~Rhonda
christmasnotebook.com