Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tablescape Thursday -Halloween Glamour

Please join our hostess, Susan, over at Between Naps on the Porch, for more beautiful and inspiring tablescapes.
Being the first day of October, I was finally inspired yesterday to get some Halloween decorations out and a tablescape put together. My tablescape this week is very Glam...let's take a look. (Front door wreath from HomeGoods, $24.99)
Well, I put this table together using things I already owned. The runner is from HomeGoods bought a couple of months ago for $12.99, the chargers are from Horchow, the ones I've shown you previously that I spray painted white. Black plates from Target, bought many, many years ago and my orange plates are made by Waechtersbach and the color is orange peel. I think I bought them at dinnerplates.com, but not positive.



I bought these urns have off at Joann's along with the black glitter pumpkins last year. That is a funkin on top. Wasn't really happy with it sitting there, not sparkly enough.
So I sprayed it with spray adheasive and sprinkled glitter on it and Viola! a sparkly pumpkin. Much happier now. It took all of 10 minutes for both pumpkins. Spray adheasive is the way to go, I tried glue last year and it was a mess and the glitter didn't stick well. The orange grass was bought at Roger's gardens and those little ornament balls are from Joann's.



Towle silver, not sure of name of the pattern. Bling napkin rings from Zgallerie. Water glasses from Anthropology. Very inexpensive, I want to say about $12.00 each.
Dessert glasses or margarita glasses from Zgallerie. Very inexpensive as well.
The finished product. This table is so sparkly, I don't know if you can see it or not. Very fun, glamorous halloween table. I left out the scary, next week, you might not be as lucky!!! Thanks for stopping by.

40 comments:

Marigene said...

What a fun table! Love those chargers. Can't wait to see what you will top this with next week.

Deanna said...

Hello there!
This is a fun theme for Tablescape Thursday.
Your decorations are great.
So glad that I stopped by...this was a treat!

Autumn blessings to you,
d from HomeHaven

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Your table is both a fun whimsical, yet formal adult tablescape. That is a tough combination to pull off, but you did it. Good job.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your table is stunning. I love the pretty orange and black dishes and the chargers are just fabulous. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

susan said...

This IS very glamorous. Love the pumpkin with the glitter and the way you have put it all together!

Lori @ Dining Delight said...

Excellent!! Love the black, orange and white combo especially your white chargers! I agree those pumpkins were not glamourous enough ...but when you glittered them...WOW perfect! I really like how you thought to put them on the urns!

DD

Anonymous said...

Cute Halloween table! Thanks for sharing.

xinex said...

What a beautiful and festive table, Janie. I love your "Boo" napkins!...Christine

Linda Q said...

Darling Janie, gets me in the mood to dig my Halloween things out now.
Cute cute, now I look forward to the scary version too!
Linda Q

dee dee said...

Great fall tablescape! The spray is a fantastic idea for the glitter, will have to remember that one. Your light fixture in your dining room is beautiful!
Dee Dee

Eileen said...

What a festive table!
I love it all! Great party tablescape! Lots of fun!
All the best,
Eileen

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a fabulous and fun table you have set up! It is totally Halloween and yet just perfect for any day in October. Orange, being one of my favorite colors, makes everything so happy.
♥, Susan

Slice of Pie said...

Great glitzy pumpkins! I love this time of year. Thanks for visiting my site ... enjoyed my visit to yours.

Chandy said...

Wow, so fun and pretty!

Unknown said...

Goodness gracious - now which one of those pumpkins would Cinderella choose? I love your Boo napkins.
Happy Twirls

Sherri said...

What a fun party theme sparkly table! I love the black, white and orange. Definitely a fall party!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very nice Halloween TT, I'm glad it isn't scary! I like the white chargers with the black and orange!

Katherine

Mallory Ann said...

Love your tablescape

Kathleen said...

That table is definitely a glammed up Halloween!
Very pretty! Great chargers..
12 dollars a glass in inexpensive??
That's too rich for me!

Maryrose said...

Hi Janie,
Love the Halloween tablescape. I feel so behind the curve ... I haven't taken out one thing. I must still be in vacation mode. Thanks for the inspiration, I absolutely love the sparkle and glam of your festive table.
Maryrose :)

Maddycakes Muse said...

I absolutely love your tablescape and door wreath!!! I especially love your centerpieces! I had to laugh because I tried using glue last night for putting on glitter on a bone and your are right...a mess!! I will get me some spray adhesive today!! Thanks so much...I am going to copy the pumpkin idea.....LOVE IT!!!!!!

PAT said...

Great looking table, Janie!!

Happy Fall!

Cynthia said...

Love all the sparkle! Must see if I can find a wreath like that! Love it! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

SouthernGal said...

Love those sparkly pumpkins they add the real glam touch!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Maureen said...

This is great! I love how you glitzed up everything. Traditional colours with a twist. I want to see the spooky look too!

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a gorgeous, Halloween-themed tablescape! I love those plates together. Really stunning, Janie! And the wreath on the door is very cute.
Brenda

Unknown said...

A wonderful all grown up table but with a little fun thrown in. Loved your chargers and the wreath on your door.
Sandy

Melissa @ Southern Mommas said...

this is fabulous!!! Love the glittered pumpkins and the orange ornaments - toooo cute!

Madame Meg said...

Wow, those sparkle-ified funkins are incredible! Brilliant idea with the spray adhesive- I will definitely have to try that myself. Glamorous table, indeed!
- Meg

Lori E said...

A good Halloween themed table. Being in Canada I have never heard of Horchow.
Lots of sparkly fun here. Trick or treat.

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Your Halloween tablescape is really neat! I love all the sparkle and glam. Love what you did with that pumpkin.. Also.. thanks for stopping by! Hugs!!

Barb said...

Love your tablescape....it is completely delightful!

Barb ♥

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is fun but also elegant!! How can that be?? I love how you elevated your glittery pumpkins...I am going to try the spary adhesive. Let me know what you set the pumpkins on when you sprayed them. I am afraid I am going to glue my item to the newspaper of drop cloth!!

Have a happy weekend, Janie!!

xoxo
Jane

Signing Out said...

Such a fabulous table! I love the dishes, the runner, napkins, centerpiece ... okay, I love it all!

Jane

nannykim said...

definetly haloweeny!!!!

my house blog is the spindle cottage one

Rettabug said...

Lots of wonderful BLING going on & I LOVE it!!

I want to know if you were standing on a ladder for that chandelier shot??? lOL GREAT photos...all of them.

I must go back & read more of your blog & find out about the chargers from Horchow that you spray painted. Very curious now....

fondly,
Rett

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderful glammed up Halloween tablescape. This was certainly a "treat"!

Sarah said...

What a fun table. You had all the perfect accents to put this together. I was out of town much of the week so just now getting by to visit the TT posts. Thanks for sharing this beautiful table. ~ Sarah

LaLa said...

Fabulous!! So glam... I'm impressed.

Jane B. said...

Wow, what beautiful Fall decorations and tablescape too! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! I followed ya back! Today is Frugalicious Friday over at my blog Finding Fabulous! I hope you'll join the party!