Saturday, April 4, 2009

Family Vacation Booked!!!

Yes, it's Spain!!!  We will be heading out to Barcelona and the Costa Brava for 2 weeks at the end of July and the beginning of August!  I'm sooo excited.  We found ridiculously low airfare and the 5 star hotels are all under $200 a night.  I know, I can't believe it either!  Yes, it will be hot, but we will be on the ocean so we will get those summer breezes.  We have tickets to a Flamenco dinner show. 
This is the hotel where we will be staying.  (Does the Louis Vuitton purse come with?).  We will have two rooms, one for us, one for the kids.

We will be taking a city tour and a walking modern architecture tour!

We will be visiting all the historic sights.
Try to take interesting pictures ( think I have to invest in some photoshop software).
Then we will spend 5 days on the Costa Brava.  There are a lot of medieval towns to visit.  We plan to sightsee in the morning and lay by the beach in the afternoon.  


We don't have a plan yet for the Costa Brava.  We can't decide if we want a home base to sightsee from or just move up the coast and change hotels as we go!  I like to have everything planned and play it safe, but the handsome husband is not so sure - he is way more adventurous than I.

7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow!! And this is tourist season!!

xoxo
Jane

Cyn said...

I was wondering what you've been up to all week. Now I know. Looks awesome. Gorgeous hotel and site pics. I love that winding mosaic outdoor bench. You're going to love it. You should be just rested enough after shower, wedding, trip to old south and then...Spain.
I'm excited for you. OLE!

Jen and Bern said...

Hi Janie, Congrats on your booking!!! Which airline are you flying on? We're considering Spain this summer also. (Did you get my info I sent you on Facebook?)

Judi said...

Lucky you! I've never been but everyone I know love it there.
Your pics in advance are beautiful.
Now you'll just have to start a countdown...
enjoy that part too cuz its the preparing thats so exciting as well ...
have a lovely day
Judi

Linda Q said...

Janie, that will be amazing. Do you have an empty suitcase you can stuff me in to go?LOL
Enjoy, can't wait to see what you see there.
Linda

Just Jennifer said...

I've always wanted to go to Spain. I'm looking forward to your blog update when you return. You will have a wonderful time. I hope the food is good.

~CC Catherine said...

Janie, you will love Spain! I stopped in Spain on a Mediterranean Cruise in 2001, it's the most gorgeous country., and full of color! The ocean is fabulous! I also noticed your girls on your blog side bar., what grown up beautiful ladies they are., I guess they'd still enjoy seeing those kitty cats sipping that tea! ;) ~CC Catherine