Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tablescape Thursday - Girl's Night Out

Please join Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch for more beautifully creative tablescapes!


Tonights theme is Girl's Night Out!  I originally bought the zebra plates and feather boas for my daughters, but then I got to thinking...why should they have all the fun!  I've set the table with black placemats down the middle acting like a runner.

I then added the tall candelabras bought at Homegoods in Sept 08.  Last year I found a website called Social Couture.
I bought a little "kit" from them which had the zebra plates, coasters, candle, sparkly disco balls and some other things. I added two feather boas around the candelabras and down the middle.  I've also added some fushia votive (in the "kit").
I've put a little disco ball in the napkins for fun.  I hope you enjoyed this Girl's Night Out!

33 comments:

Katy said...

Janie, this is so cute! I love the zebra print with the plate and glasses you are using. Great job! Lovely work... thanks for sharin! ~Katy

ellen b. said...

Oh this is great. Love the pink boas?
the black and white and pink is fabulous!!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a fun tablescape! Looks like my kind of girl's night out!

Martha said...

What a fun tablescape -- whimsy is always fun and you've got it in spades!

Blondie's Journal said...

Janie,

I really like this. You have a wild side!! Love the pink with the black & white! lots of great detail!

xoxo
Jane

~CC Catherine said...

Hi Jane! Love the fun Girls night out theme! The colors are great, and I love the zebra print! My favorite item is how you tucked that mini disco ball in the napkin! Fun! ;) ~CC Catherine

Casabella Cottage said...

I love that you were able to take a picture of that beautiful table from above! Just BEAUTIFUL!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Happy Table Scape Thursday!

I am stopping by to visit From Between Naps on The Porch and your classy black and white table scape is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

from Roberta Anne = The Raggedy Girl

Joyce said...

I want to come to Girls Night Out at your house. What a fun tablescape.
Joyce

xinex said...

Very nice and original! Love the disco and wild theme!...Christine

Michelle said...

A girl's night out is perfect for lots of bling and animal prints!

Great theme!

Amy said...

So amazing! My favorite thing (besides the really cool zebra plates) is the little disco ball you added to the napkins. How creative. Happy TT! Amy :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very elegant with a touch of whimsy! Love the disco ball!

Katherine

Kathleen Ellis said...

This is awesome, Janie...can I be one of your "girls" so I can celebrate at such a fun table?! You know I love feathers! and the zebra print just sets it off!
;-D

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Janie, This is so cute. I love the zebra plates.

Lori E said...

What a great table. It just screams for a fun night of ladies.

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Great Girls Night Out Theme. Love the plates and the disco balls. I think when you add something unexpected, it makes things much more interesting. Your candelabras are also great!

Susan

SouthernGal said...

What a fun idea. I love it. Very creative!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

Cass @ That Old House said...

I completely enjoyed Girls' Night Out! what a fantastic table setting -- just needs some good girls in the mood for some gossip and giggles! So adorable, from the zebra print plate to the boas! Fantastic. Cass

From the Old InkWell said...

Janie, what fun! This is great. I'm sure your girlfriends loved it! I love girl's night out!

Thanks for your kind words too.

Happy Thursday, Marsha

Unknown said...

How vibrant and fun! That just rocks with excitement.
Happy Twirls

Victoria Hayden said...

Thank you Janie for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! I think this table is so fun! I want to come to your girls night out...love it!! Have fun and take lots of pictures!

Hugs to you,
~Victoria~

Domestic Designer said...

Oh I love this! I agree with you...why should daughters get to have all the fun!! You have inspired me to have a girl's night! Thanks!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a great color combination-chic but fun! I love it. I'm going to have to check out that site you mentioned. Those zebra plates are so great! Fun table. laurie

Robin said...

WooHoo girl! Your tablescape is fantastic......I love it!

Hope your day is beautiful.

Maureen said...

I LOVE this! We used this same color scheme for my daughter's wedding shower and we got a lot of compliments. Well done! And thanks for the kind words left on my blog!

Linda Q said...

Hi Janie,
What a fun table, love that pop of color with the black, white and bling!!
Linda Q

Unknown said...

That's just pure fun!
Love it!
~Really Rainey~

Fifi Flowers said...

OH MY... looks like FUN!!!
I NEED a girls night out!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Dream Mom said...

I so enjoyed this tablescape. You just know that if you were coming and saw this table, you would be in for a great night! What fun! You are so right~why should they have all the fun! Great tablescape!

Carrie said...

Your table setting is just fabulous! i enjoyed the zebra plates and the candilabras with the draped boas.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Perfect. Looks a little wild and girly at the same time. Love it. Hugs, Marty

annie said...

This is just beautiful.
Pink and Black are elegant together and you really hit the target on this tablescape.
:) lovely!